- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatrics; Pediatric Rheumatology; Internal Medicine; Rheumatology
- Research Interests:
Localized Scleroderma; Rheumatoid Arthritis; Telemedicine
- Clinical Practice:
- Rheumatology, Pediatric Rheumatology
Aarat M. Patel, MD is a rheumatologist who cares for both children and adults with autoimmune diseases. He has a special interest in treating dermatomyositis and polymyositis, juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM), juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), inflammatory eye disease, sarcoidosis, localized scleroderma and vasculitis. Patel is board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in internal medicine and rheumatology and is also board-certified by the American Board of Pediatrics in pediatrics and pediatric rheumatology.
Patel received his medical degree from Ross University School of Medicine and completed his internal medicine and pediatric residency at Stony Brook University Hospital. In addition, he completed a rheumatology fellowship in both adult and pediatric rheumatology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Outside of work, Patel enjoys spending time with his three children.
- Ross University School of Medicine 2004
- Stony Brook University (Internal Medicine & Pediatrics) 2008
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Adult & Pediatric Rheumatology) 2012