Aron K. McCloud, DO
- UVA Children's Hospital Specialty Clinic Winchester, Harrisonburg Pediatrics
- UVA Physicians Group
- ABMS Certification:
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Clinical Practice:
- Congenital Heart Defect Care, Pediatric Heart Conditions, Double Aortic Arch, Congenital Heart Disease
Board-certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, Aron McCloud, DO, FAAP, specializes in pediatric cardiology, delivering cardiac care to young patients from infancy to adolescence. He has a particular interest in cardiac imaging, performing and interpreting echocardiograms, a test that uses sound waves to produce images of the heart.
McCloud received his Associate of Science from McHenry County College in Crystal Lake, Illinois, where he played soccer for two years before transferring to Michigan State University to complete a Bachelor of Science in human biology. After attending Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Bradenton, Florida, McCloud completed a pediatrics residency at Akron Children’s Hospital and a fellowship in pediatric cardiology at Advocate Children’s Hospital.
An active researcher, McCloud has contributed to numerous publications and presentations on a variety of topics. These include endocarditis, aortic bypass surgery, advanced imaging modalities and its application in diagnosing and treating children with congenital and acquired heart disease.
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton
- Akron Children's Hospital
- Advocate Children's Hospital