- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatrics-General, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Research Interests:
Apnea Prediction Monitoring|Quality Improvement
- Clinical Practice:
- Pulmonary Hypertension in Newborns (PPHN), Neonatal Care (NICU)
- Assistant Professor
Brooke D. Vergales, MD, is a neonatologist and program director for the Neonatal Fellowship at UVA. She specializes in caring for premature infants and has an interest in advancing patient care through remote monitoring.
Born and raised in New Orleans, Vergales received her undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill before returning to New Orleans to attend medical school at Tulane University School of Medicine. She went on to pursue a pediatric residency at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital in Cleveland and then completed a neonatology fellowship at the University of Virginia before joining the faculty in 2012.
Vergales, her husband and two children enjoy spending winter weekends at Wintergreen and summer weekends in the water. They also enjoy exploring the Charlottesville dining scene.
2019 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; Second Place, Neonatology
- Tulane University School of Medicine 2006
- Rainbow Babies and Children's University Hospitals (Pediatrics)
- University of Virginia School of Medicine (Neonatology)