- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatric Medicine, 1994; Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, 1997.
- Research Interests:
Inflammatory cytokines, preventing fungal infections in preterm infants, capillary leak syndrome
- Clinical Practice:
- Neonatal Care (NICU)
David Kaufman, MD, is a professor of pediatrics in the Division of Neonatology. He cares for infants in the NICU and Neonatal High-Risk Clinic, and has an active research agenda focused on preventing and treating neonatal infection.
Dr. Kaufman attended the University of Michigan for his undergraduate education and earned his medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh. He then moved to Philadelphia for a pediatrics residency at Albert Einstein Medical Center and a fellowship in neonatal-perinatal medicine at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
After completing his training, Dr. Kaufman joined the faculty the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He came to UVA in 1999.
- 2013-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Pittsburgh, 1990
- Pediatrics, Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia