- ABMS Certification:
- Surgery, 1991, 1998, 2010; Pediatric Surgery 1996, 2003
- Research Interests:
Outcomes in the management of pediatric surgical conditions
- Clinical Practice:
- Chest Wall Deformities-child, Pediatric Surgery, Chest Wall Deformities - child
Eugene McGahren, MD, is the chief of pediatric surgery at UVA Children’s Hospital. He earned his undergraduate and medical degrees from UVA, and completed a residency in general surgery at UVA Health System. He then trained in pediatric surgery at Children’s Hospital and Medical Center in Seattle before returning to UVA in 1992. He joined the faculty as an assistant professor of pediatric surgery and pediatrics, and became a full professor in 2007.
Dr. McGahren is an active member of the American Pediatric Surgical Association and the Children’s Oncology Group. He is married and has four children.
- 2011-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia, 1984
- Surgery, University of Virginia
- Pediatric Surgery, Children's Hospital and Medical Center of Seattle