- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatrics, 1987; Pediatric Cardiology, 1992, 2000
- Clinical Practice:
- Pericarditis-child, Fetal Heart, Pediatric Heart Conditions
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Dr. Albrecht was born and raised in Baltimore. He attended UVA for his undergraduate degree and continued there for medical school. He completed his pediatric residency and fellowship in pediatric cardiology at Indiana University’s Riley Hospital for Children. It was during that period that he became interested in fetal cardiology, and he has pursued that interest throughout his career.
Dr. Albrecht began working at Pediatric Cardiology of Virginia in 1988 and joined UVA as a part-time clinical staff member in 1997, performing fetal echocardiography in addition to working in his private practice. He became a full-time member of the Division of Pediatric Cardiology in 2013.
He married while in medical school and has three children. In his free time he has coached Little League baseball, but as he approaches the end of his career he hopes to become more proficient with his golfing skills.
- 2011-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia, 1983
- Pediatrics, Riley Hospital for Children
- Pediatric Cardiology, Riley Hospital for Children