Mark J Romness, MD
- ABMS Certification:
- Orthopaedic Surgery, 1995
- Research Interests:
Children with cerebral palsy, gait and functional mobility, treatment for spasticity and contractures, bracing, pediatric foot and ankle problems
- Clinical Practice:
- Elbow Fracture, Cerebral Palsy- Pediatric, Juvenile Arthritis, Neurofibromatosis Type 1, Neurofibromatosis Type 2, Spina Bifida, Fracture, Scoliosis- Pediatric, Neurocutaneous Disorders, Congenital Limb Defects- Pediatric, Pediatric Orthopedics, Prosthetics and Orthotics- Pediatric
Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
- Associate Professor
Dr. Romness has focused on the treatment of children with musculoskeletal problems and the effectiveness of those treatments. Children with cerebral palsy and related disorders represent a sub-specialized area of his career. His approach to treating patients is family-centered, providing a personalized and professional approach to each patient's problem.
Dr. Romness enjoys family, travel and any water activities during his time outside of work.Special Expertise:
Special needs children including: cerebral palsy and spina bifida, Gait abnormalities, Pediatric lower extremity problems and trauma, and Osteogenesis imperfecta.
- 2011-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- Northwestern University Medical School, 1987
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia