Pediatric GeneticsBattle Building
1204 W. Main St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
Monday | 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday | 8:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Friday | 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Parking: Free for patients and visitors.
Park in the 11th Street Garage.
Enter the Battle Building on Level C.
Services provided include:
- Evaluation for possible genetic causes of birth defects, chronic diseases or developmental problems
- Diagnosis of genetic disorders by physical examination and/or genetic testing
- Tests to determine the chances for a genetic disorder to recur in a family
- Management and treatment of a genetic disorder
- Support groups for genetic disorders
We also offer field clinics in Bristol, Lynchburg and Winchester.
Learn more about our pediatric genetics services.
Before Your Appointment
A genetic counselor may call you to talk about your child's medical and family history. This will help us prepare for your evaluation and make sure your family gets the most out your visit to the clinic.
During Your Appointment
Here's what to expect:
- Physical exam and review of your medical and family history
- Consult with a medical genetics doctor and genetic counselor
- Genetic testing using a blood sample
After Your Appointment
We'll contact you to talk about the results of your genetic tests and to set up a follow-up visit if it's needed.