1215 Lee St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
Open every day, 24 hours a day.
Visitors are allowed to inpatient units and procedural areas within the hospital. Visitors are NOT allowed in clinics, with some exceptions.
We're screening everyone who enters our facilities.
All patients admitted to stay in the hospital are tested for COVID-19.
Entrances limited to:
- 5 a.m. - 7 p.m. – Main lobby entrance
- 7 p.m. - 5 a.m. – Emergency Department entrance
You can also contact a patient by phone or mail.
Free with validation, using your parking ticket when you register at your appointment. Use the Lee Street and 11th Street parking garages.
Runs every 30 minutes, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
University Hospital offers state-of-the-art inpatient and outpatient care facilities, laboratories and clinics.
- Bereavement services
- Special help for persons with disabilities
- Interpreters & language translation
- Social workers
- Volunteer services
Having a Baby?
- Labor & Delivery and Postpartum rooms are located on the 8th Floor
- Lee Street parking garage is directly across the street from the Main Hospital and Emergency Department
- After 9 p.m., enter through the Emergency Department
- No preregistration is necessary; if you're under the care of a UVA OB-GYN or midwife, you just check in at the 8th floor registration room when you arrive
- If you have any questions, your call goes directly to a Labor & Delivery nurse: 434.924.2022
Critcal Care for Babies (NICU)
Our NICU is nationally ranked by U.S News & World Report and the region's most advanced neonatal intensive care unit. With 51 beds on the 7th floor, we're able to care for premature and sick newborns, treat infections and breathing problems, and coordinate infant care with surgical or other complex needs.