Medical expenses for a child with special healthcare needs can be significant. Our case managers can help you:
- Make the best use of your health insurance
- Apply for public assistance
- Find grants
- Use other programs to help pay or reduce the costs of your child’s medical needs
Child With Special Health Care Needs
The Child with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Pool of Funds financially assists those who are uninsured, under insured or whose families have gross family income at or below 300 percent of the federal poverty level. The funds assist with payment of certain services such as:
- Durable medical equipment
- Physician-specialty office visits
Some expenses can't be paid for by these funds, such as co-pays and deductibles.
Financial eligibility is required for those asking for help from the Child with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Pool of Funds. Preauthorization is also required.