Transfer A Patient
To transfer a pediatric patient to UVA Children’s Hospital or NICU, call 1.844.XFER.UVA (933.7882).
The Call Process - For Non-Emergency Transfers
- You'll speak with experienced medics specially trained to triage requests.
- You'll be asked questions about your transfer request. Specify if you're calling for potential transfer to the NICU or UVA Children’s Hospital.
- You'll be placed on hold briefly while the UVA attending physician or fellow joins the line.
- After you speak with the physician, the transfer center facilitator will remain on the line to collect more details about the transfer.
- A unit assistant or nurse may complete the call to allow you to return to care for your patient.
- The Newborn Emergency Transport Service (NETS) or the Pediatric Critical Care Transport Service will promptly dispatch if necessary.
NETS Presence at Deliveries
- A C-section
- Rapid progression of dilation
This helps limit long waiting periods and dispatch delays for other emergencies.
Information Needed for a Transfer
Expedite the transfer. Have this info ready when you call:
- Patient demographics
- Medical service(s) requested
- Vital signs and pertinent labs
- Contact information for the current attending physician
- Current location of the patient
In addition, we would appreciate that you provide with the patient:
- Demographic sheet
- Discharge summary, including all lab results
- All operative/procedure notes
- An electronic upload of all radiographic images relevant to the transfer, including echocardiograms, CTs, ultrasounds, X-rays, etc.