- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases
- Research Interests:
- Clinical Practice:
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Physician in chief for UVA Children's and the chair of the Department of Pediatrics
Dr. James Nataro came to UVA in September 2010, and he currently serves as the physician in chief for UVA Children's and the chair of the Department of Pediatrics. He is an attending physician in inpatient general pediatrics, and until recently, pediatric infectious diseases. His research focuses on intestinal health, especially diseases of developing countries. He's also involved in teaching upcoming healthcare professionals.
With everything that he does, Dr. Nataro’s ultimate goal is to improve the health of children.
- University of Maryland 1987
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 1990
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (Infectious Diseases) 1991