Mark S Quigg, MD
- General Neurology Appointment
- ABMS Certification:
- Neurology, 1995; Neurophysiology, 1997
- Research Interests:
The chronobiological aspects of epilepsy and medical and surgical treatments of epilepsy.
- Clinical Practice:
- Epilepsy Care, Seizure Disorder, Electroencephalogram (EEG), Sleep Disorders, Neurology Services, Pediatric Neurology
Director, EEG/Intensive Monitoring/Evoked Potential Laboratories; Member, NSF Center for Biological Timing
Mark Quigg, MD, received neurology training at the University of Virginia and neuroscience training at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden. He specializes in the evaluation and treatment of difficult-to-control seizures and the neurological aspects of sleep medicine. He is the medical director of the electroencephalography and intensive monitoring laboratories and is an expert in using these tools to evaluate epilepsy, sleep disorders and disorders with similar symptoms. He is nationally recognized for his clinical practice and research. He holds national offices, including on the neurology board and professional societies for neurology and epilepsy.
Dr. Quigg enjoys living in Charlottesville and is an avid runner and cyclist. He is also a woodworker and has put significant sweat equity into his old house in downtown Charlottesville. He has two children with his wife, Lotta.
- 2011-2020 Best Doctors in America® List
- University of Virginia, 1990
- Neurology, University of Virginia
- Epilepsy, EEG, University of Virginia