- ABMS Certification:
- Pediatrics; Pediatric Cardiology
- Research Interests:
Optimizing the safety and efficacy of cardiac catheterization, specifically with right ventricle to pulmonary artery conduits and single ventricle patients.
- Clinical Practice:
- Pericarditis- Pediatric, Cardiac Catheterization, Pulmonary Hypertension in Newborns (PPHN), Fetal Heart, Pediatric Heart Conditions
- Associate Professor
Michael Hainstock, MD, is a board-certified pediatric cardiologist caring for patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings. He is also the medical director of the Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization Lab, where he provides specialized care utilizing all forms of transcatheter diagnostic and interventional procedures.
Dr. Hainstock earned his medical degree at the University of Iowa College of Medicine and completed his residency at the University of Arizona, where he was awarded the Outstanding Resident Research Award. He went on to complete his pediatric cardiology fellowship at Oregon Health and Science University, with expert training in interventional cardiology at Boston Children’s Hospital. Dr. Hainstock joined the faculty of the University of Virginia in 2012.
Dr. Hainstock is married to a UVA pediatrician. Outside of work, he enjoys hiking, camping, climbing, language learning, travel and reading.
- University of Iowa College of Medicine 2005
- University of Arizona (Pediatrics)
- Oregon Health and Science University (Pediatric Cardiology); Children's Hospital Boston (Interventional Cardiology)