The Child Health Advocacy Program provides legal assistance to families whose children receive healthcare at UVA Children's.
Volunteers from the Legal Aid Justice Center offer help to families with a variety of legal problems, including:
- Benefits: Medicaid/FAMIS, food stamps, Medicare, WIC, unemployment benefits, TANF, Social Security/Disability
- Housing: Major problems with the condition of your home (leaky roof, broken heat or plumbing, etc.) or home evictions
- Employment: Wage claims, job termination or discrimination, unemployment insurance
- School: Special education, children with special healthcare needs at school, school discipline/suspension
- Family: Domestic violence, visitation, child support, child removal, spousal support, adoption
- Consumer issues: Help with preparations for major purchases (such as a car) to ensure sales practices and terms are as fair as possible
Get Legal Help
Ask your child's doctor for a referral.