UVA's pediatric dental care professionals offer a full range of services, from regular check-ups and cleanings to cavity fillings.
We also offer:
- Medical screenings
- Preventive and hygiene care
- Restorative care
- Prosthetic and adaptive appliances
- Minor orthodontics
Dental Care for Kids with Special Needs
We provide services for special needs children. These patients — many of whom have cerebral palsy, developmental delays, behavioral disorders or intellectual disabilities — often can't be treated at private clinics because of their physical limitations or multiple medical needs.
Our experienced staff can also provide consultations and referrals for complex oral surgery, comprehensive orthodontics and treatment under general anesthesia.
Dental Care for Craniofacial Anomalies
Our pediatric dentist, oral surgeon and orthodontist work with a team of specialists to care for children with craniofacial deformities, such as cleft lip or cleft palate.
These services include:
- Routine hygiene and restorative procedures before orthodontic or surgical treatment
- Feeding aids and oral prosthetics for infants
- Post-orthodontic replacements of missing teeth or related mouth or jaw structures