UVA's pediatric urology services are nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report. We continue to expand our urological services by adding new programs, expanding to new locations and embracing new technologies, all done with a focus on providing the best possible patient experience.
Your child will also receive the benefit of an academic medical institution, where our doctors are committed to research and up-to-date on the latest technology.
At UVA, we provide the most advanced surgical treatments available, including robotic surgery and laparoscopic surgery to care for your child's specific needs.
Additionally, we offer prenatal urological evaluations, where we consult with expectant mothers whose screening tests reveal their unborn babies have kidney and bladder abnormalities.
Pediatric Robotics Program
Our pediatric robotics program offers the latest approach to minimally invasive surgery for both the kidney and the bladder. Surgeries are now performed with much smaller incisions and the use of robotics to facilitate the surgery, including:
- UPJ obstruction
- Duplication anomalies
- Vesicoureteral reflux
Personalized Care For Your Child
We treat a wide range of urological conditions, including:
- Hypospadias and congenital urethral anomalies
- Undescended testis
- Hydrocele/hernia repair
- Bladder exstrophy and epispadias repair
- Cloacal/urogenital sinus malformation
- Cloacal exstrophy
- Bladder augmentation and surgeries for continent reconstruction
- Complete or partial kidney removal
- Repair of kidney and ureter obstruction
- Ureteral surgery for bladder reflux
- Bladder and bowel repair and reconstruction
- Kidney stones
- Prenatal hydronephrosis
- Neurogenic bladder
- Dysfunctional elimination syndrome
- Voiding dysfunction
- And more
Learn about treatment options and how we can help you and your child at the Pediatric Urology clinic.