The Children's Hospital Service of Remembrance has been held every year since 1995. During the service:
- Family members, providers and staff share personal reflections on their work with the children.
- Artists from the Charlottesville area provide special music.
- Local clergy offer prayers.
- Hospital chaplains read the names of children who have died within the last two years
- Family members may place a flower on the Remembrance Tree as each child's name is read.
You may also bring mementos (photos, memory books, blankets, drawings, stuffed animals, etc.) to place on Memory Tables.
Get an invitation to the next service: Sign up now.
Volunteer to Stay Connected
You can volunteer at the service (12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.) by:
- Welcoming, registering, escorting, guests or providing childcare
- Arranging refreshments, flowers, decorations; overall setup and cleanup