Pediatric palliative care offers total care to children with serious illnesses. Your child can experience relief of pain and other symptoms, improving the quality of life for your whole family. Palliative services can help at any age and stage of serious illness, whether your child is at home or in the hospital, and along with treatment.
Palliative Care Services
Our team can guide you in determining goals of care and making medical decisions that fit your values, traditions, and culture.
- Care planning
- Pain and symptom management
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Care to improve quality of life for your child and family
- An extra support system during a difficult time
Who Can Receive Care?
It’s never too early to use palliative care. It can take place at the same time as other treatments for your child’s illness.
- Has your child been diagnosed with a life-threatening or life-limiting illness?
- Are you pregnant with a baby who has been diagnosed with a life-limiting defect or syndrome?
- Has there been a decline in your child’s medical condition?
- Are your child’s hospital stays becoming more frequent?
- Are your child’s pain and associated symptoms becoming difficult to manage?
To request a consult or to speak with pediatric palliative care, ask your doctor or nurse to make a referral.
OR Call 434.924.0000, PIC #1244.