Pediatric palliative care offers treatment and comfort for children suffering from a serious illness. We aim to relieve their pain and other symptoms. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for your child and your family. These services are still available whether you decide treatment is the best options for their illness.
Palliative Care Services
Our services are available for any age and any stage of your child’s illness. We can provide treatment for your child at home or in the hospital. We’ll partner with you to determine your family’s care goals. Our team will evaluate your child’s physical, mental, and social distress.
We support your medical decisions that are in line with your values, culture, and tradition. Palliative care is unique for every patient's needs and helps your child enjoy life.
- Care planning
- Pain and symptom management
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Care to improve quality of life for your child and family
- An extra support system during a difficult time
Who Can Receive Care?
Your child can receive pediatric palliative care when they’ve been diagnosed with a life-threatening or life-limiting illness. We’re here to help if your child’s pain and symptoms are becoming difficult to manage.
Palliative care can also help:
- Expecting mothers with a baby who has been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness or syndrome
- Children whose medical condition has declined
- When hospital stays for your child become more frequent
Palliative care is here to help you, and it’s never too early to ask for our services. Our team can meet and consult with you at the same time as other treatments for your child’s illness. It doesn’t depend on the course or stage of your child’s illness.