We offer transgender youth health services for ages 11 to 25.
Our experienced team cares for patients with a range of gender identities and sexual orientations:
Transgender Youth Health Services
Our services include:
- Education about sex and contraception
- Referrals for therapy to help manage anxiety, depression, and ongoing emotional issues
- Puberty blockers that delay sex-related physical changes
- Help finding resources in the community
- Cross-sex hormones, like testosterone and estrogen
- Referrals for gender-affirming surgeries and voice therapy
Diagnosis From a Mental Health Professional
In order for one of our clinical providers to discuss treatment, we require a diagnosis of gender dysphoria. This term is used when a child’s sense of their gender differs from the sex assigned to them at birth.
Our care team can provide referrals to the appropriate mental health professionals.
For Parents of Trans Youth
We encourage parents and families to attend appointments. If your parents or family members have questions or need support, we can help. Find out how we support parents.
Have More Questions?
Check out our trans youth healthcare FAQs.
UVA Health is a community of healing, compassion, inclusion, and respect for all.
We don't discriminate, exclude, or treat patients or visitors differently based on:
- National origin
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
Discrimination and prejudice have no place here. See our non-discrimination policy.