Get Help Finding a Place to Stay
The UVA Children’s Housing Collaborative, a team of five area nonprofits, provides a streamlined process for finding a place to stay at no cost to you while your child receives care.
You tell us what you need, and we work together to find a place that best meets your family's needs. Organizations involved include:
Hospitality House at UVA
Hospitality House is for adults only. It's a short walk or shuttle bus ride from the hospital and close to restaurants and shopping. Amenities include:
- Bedrooms furnished with 2 twin beds (with a curtain for privacy)
- Kitchen and pantry with donated non-perishable food
- Living rooms with cable TV
- Laundry facilities
- Free parking at the parking garage (no on-site parking)
- $10 per night, per person
- $3 per person to do laundry/showers
Note: Guests who stay at any of our lodging facilities must get a referral from a UVA healthcare provider.
Sleeping in the Hospital?
Families staying bedside with a patient can use Hospitality House facilities during the day, to shower or do laundry.
Cost: $3/day, per person
Find Lodging Options in Charlottesville
You can also find other places to stay in Charlottesville.