Virtual Patient Visitation
Using a personal phone or tablet, family and friends can connect with a patient through video, voice chat or text.
To do so:
- Pick an app you and the patient feel comfortable using. You and the patient must use the same one (like Skype, for instance).
- Patient must connect to the free hospital Wi-Fi.
- Agree on a time to meet and connect over the web.
Hospital staff can help patients connect to Wi-FI and set up a virtual visit. There are also a very limited number of devices available for patients who may not have one.
When Your Child Needs Care
Being hospitalized can be scary for a child, siblings and even parents and caregivers.
Children adjust better when they’re given age-appropriate information and when they have family with them.
We encourage you to be with your child as much as possible, ask lots of questions and find support from family or friends.
Ask your child's nurse or social worker for help or for more tips and information about how to prepare for your child's hospitalization.
- What to bring when your child is hospitalized: Lists for you and your child
- Hospital Education Program: A school program for children receiving extended treatment
- Registration and admission information
- Lodging options